Thursday, July 7, 2011

FOTD 7-7-11

Hey everyone! Today I had some time to play with my makeup and create this look before I ran a few errands. This is what I came up with:
To create this look I used the following products and brushes:
A- e.l.f.'s Studio Powder Brush, B- e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush, C- e.l.f.'s Total Face Brush, D- Loew-Cornell Maxine Mop Brush, E- Loew-Cornell Spotter Sable, F- Coastal Scents Eyelash Definer

 1. I applied Cetaphil's face moisturizer all over my face (as you can see I use the bottle to test nail polish swatches on! haha)
2. I then used brush A to apply Maybelline's Pure Stay Powder Foundation in 10 Ivory
3. The concealer I used under my eyes is e.l.f.'s Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige
4. Over the concealer I brushed on a little Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation in Light
5. For bronzer and contour I used Physicians Formula Solar Power Bronzer in 3857 applied with brush C
6. The blush I am wearing is e.l.f.'s Studio Blush in Fuchsia Fusion with Brush B (note that this blush is very pigmented, a little goes a long way)
7. I primed my lids with e.l.f.'s Essential Eyelid Primer. I then used e.l.f.'s Radiance Enhancer in Golden as a base (not pictured)
8. The shadows I used were from the Coastal Scents Metal Mania Palette. The two I used are circled above. I applied the golden one with one side of brush D and picked up some of the green with the other side and blended the two together.
9. My lipstick is Revlon's Wink for Pink
Not pictured:
Eyeliner- e.l.f.'s Studio Cream Eyeliner in Metallic Olive, applied with Brush E
Mascara- L'Oreal Telescopic in Black. I then combed out the clumps with Brush F

I very rarely think to use my 88 Metal Mania palette, but the two random compliments from strangers about how beautiful my eyeshadow looked will remind me reach for it a lot more often!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this look. Golds I think are some of my favorite to work with. very pretty hales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gold too! It's been my go to color all summer! Thanks Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you labeled everything and your explanations. Good job.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...