Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Product Less Used - Benetint


Last summer I picked this up because of all the wonderful reviews I heard. For a month or so I wore it every day on my cheeks and lips for that healthy rosy glow. Once I got to school in the fall I stopped using it as much. Whats interesting is that I didn't stop using it because I forgot about it, because as always this product has a spot in my makeup area right in front of everything else in perfect sight every day. I stopped using this because every morning before class I would apply my face lotion and a face powder with slight coverage. After I applied the powder I didn't want to put a liquid product back on my face and deal with streaky-ness, so instead I would reach for powder blushes.  Well recently I've disregarded that whole thought process and I put this on as blush over or under my foundation, primer, powder, you name it! This product has been formulated to work no matter what is on your face (I haven't read that statement anywhere, just a personal assumption). The best part about this is that it will stay on all day, including when the rest of your makeup slowly dissolves in the heat of the summer.
Here are some swatches and how I apply it:
right out of the bottle, no blending
blended into my arm
The product is as liquidy as plain water. it has a tiny applicator like a nail polish brush, so once you unscrew the top you "paint" some on your cheeks and then quickly blend it in.
tribal markings to rosy tint
You can also use this product as a lipstain. Simply apply it to your bare lips and blend it in.
left-bare lip, right-benetint
Would I repurchase this product? Yes. Although it is a bit pricey at $28 it will also last you a lifetime (personally I don't think I will ever have the need to repurchase it!)
Overall I would rate this product a 5 out of 5. If you are looking for a product that gives you a little more color payoff than my swatches show, then this is not for you. But if you are looking for a product that will give you the right amount of rosy glow, then this easy to apply product will be the perfect match!

"The Product Less Used" is a series of blog posts which I review some of the products in my collection which have gone unnoticed for quite some time and I have recently rediscovered. I have a lot of products I purchased and use nonstop and then found a similar product (and sometimes better) which took it's spot. Or sometimes I purchase a product with the best intentions, and then it doesn't quite work out. Sometimes I find another way to use it, and sometimes I just forget about a it! This series will go in dept on certain products and why I recently started using them again, and why I stopped using them in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...